Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Great Salt Lake

We took Cait with us to the Great Salt Lake the other day. I had never actually been to the water before. Si'i had, but he had never been in the water before... so there was a first for everyone. It was kind of smelly (rotten eggs), but when you're actually in the water the smell is almost gone. I think it must come from the decaying shore debris more than from the lake itself. The water was really shallow for a long way out and it was really warm. I kind of wished we had brought our swimming suits because I heard you can float in it really well. Maybe next time... but we did get there right at sunset which made for some epic scenery.









2 comments:

  1. Such good pictures of you all and the scenery. Hope you are enjoying cait - she is a joy. How far would you have to walk out to be able to swim? Love you lots, Granny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manu's hair is getting so thick and cute!

    ReplyDelete