Yesterday, May 24, it snowed. Not just a little wimpy snow, but real huge snowflakes that accumulated to about 3 inches on the ground.
But, by the end of the day it was beautifully sunny and about 65 degrees, so we went on a walk. It was a little chilly though so Manu got to wear her winter outfit over her sleeper while we walked to the park down the street.
We were scouting a location for our family "potluck" which we are going to have this Sunday afternoon after Manu's baby blessing at church. We still aren't sure where to have it, but I'm sure everyone will not fit into our little apartment. I hope the weather is good, who knows it might snow... then we'll all be standing shoulder to shoulder in our house.
Just as an update... last Sunday, we never made it to Sepa's for dessert because as soon as we got in the truck I was buckling Manu in her seat and trying to help her be happy about the car ride (she does not like her car seat or the car in general) the pie (remember it was actually a caramel apple pie soup) leaked out all over me and in a huge puddle on the car seat before I noticed. So Manu was screaming and I was sitting in a pile of carmel apple juice. So, we gave up and went back inside and I cleaned up the car and had to change all my clothes. So much for being domestic.
Bathtime
Here are a few pictures of Manu's last bathtime. I tried to get her cute duck towel in there, but it was really all we could do to get a shot where she wasn't screaming:)
Manu likes the bath as long as the water is warm and constantly poured over her. This usually means two bathers are better than one... but that rarely happens. She is getting better and better at baths though and so am I!
Grandpa's House
We went to visit Grandpa Afe and Uncle Albert the other day. Grandpa was so excited to see Manu. Manu may not look as excited but she was :)
Her umbilical cord is gone! She's getting so old. :) Sorry we're going to miss her baby blessing, hope it all goes well with no snow. This crazy Utah weather needs to make up it's mind.
ReplyDeleteLove this blog. So many cute pictures of Manu and Si'i's family. And, beautiful pictures of you Nick - you are the perfect Mother. So sorry we aren't there for the blessing - you are all in our hearts and thoughts. Can truely hardly wait to be able to hold her. Love you all!
ReplyDelete