Manu seems to be doing a little bit better, but we tried to take some pictures of her today in her blessing dress (we didn't get any on the day of her blessing because she was very mad right after church) but she wasn't that into it as you can see. She was nice though when Uncle Nate held her right after church though.
Also in Manu news, we have been taking her to a Tongan wowan, Mino, to get a special massage that is supposed to help babies with colic, or as Mino says with "the Tongan disease". She went to see Mino everyday last week for about ten minutes and she got a massage on her neck and chin and on her tummy. I think that her massage regimen has helped her more than the Dr. Jed meds. On the first day of her massage she fell asleep almost immediately afterward and slept really well that whole night. She has been getting progressively better and I am sure the Tongan massaging has been a big factor.
Yesterday, we drove around for a few hours looking at houses for sale. We picked up flyers and saw an open house, it was really fun. I am unbelieveably excited about getting a house. Our goal is to be able to move out of our apartments into a house when our lease is up, which is in September. Its looking hopeful lately because of the potential NPS editing job. I will hopefully hear back from the woman about my sample edit somtime early this week. Anyway, with two incomes it will be much easier to get approved for a loan. I like our apartment... but I could do without listening to my neighbor's TV ALL night long. On hot days when everyone leaves thier wndows open, its a nightmare, literally, since I wake up at 3 am to feed Manu and I can hear the re-runs of Cheers as if the TV was in my own room. That and the fact that I would just like to own something and not worry about nail holes in the walls, and be able to paint rooms funky colors, and have a garden in the yard are all contributing to my excitement over becoming a real live home owner. So, if anyone sees any great real estate in the Salt Lake area, pass on the info :)
Good luck on finding a house! How long is Nate here? We should all get together sometime...and I'd be happy to watch Manu if you guys ever want to do something around here!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on finding a house! I'm glad that Manu is feeling a little bit better, hope things keep looking up for her! (which also means things will be better for you :)
ReplyDeleteYeah!!! I just hit a gold mine of DOdes life info. I for some reason forgot you had started a blog and you reminded us on the blueroof blog so I got on. Pics galore and info to boot. CONGRATUFREAKINGLATIONS on the job! That's so great. I'm not surprised that you impressed the socks off of them. YOu are quite impressive. I'm glad Manu is getting a bit better. I like the sounds of that TOngan massage. Maybe it could help me out too. That's also so great and exciting about buying a house. You will love it!
ReplyDeleteNickie,
ReplyDeleteLove your blog. It's just like being there and talking to you -- Well - almost. Manu is so cute love all the pictures. Her blessing dress looks magficient. Her grandma Manu is great - would love to see her sometime. Love the picture of you and Nate and Manu. Love you all so much. Granny