Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Catching Up


Well It has been way too long since the last post. When I let things slide for so long it makes me procrastinate posting even more. Plus, a lot has happened in the past couple of months...

1. We bought a house! We are officially homeowners! Yes, it does feel good. No, "fixing-up" a house is not as easy as it sounded before. But, it's our house and its fun doing things to make it better. We had a little scare about the sewer line a few days after we moved in, but with a lot of praying, help from a family friend, and the best family ever, we got it figured out.


2. We went to Oregon for Christmas. It was nice and relaxing, good to see family, full of great food, and Christmas-y. I don't have any pictures yet, but Granny promised them and I am sure they are on their way. Manu got a lot of cute toys she loves, her stuffed dog and her glow worm are at the top of the list. We got to hang out with Chris' fiancee, Cheri K a little more. I am really excited for them, they are two peas in a pod, and they will have a fun life together filled with vintage record players, old type writers, and herbal tea parties... I can't wait!




3. We had an epic New Year's Eve party at our house, which consisted of a giant cousins sleepover, movies, meatballs, ice cream, sparkling cider, and Kinect. I really wish I had taken more pictures. I will have to steal some from Vaha. (Oh yeah! Vaha had her baby(Dec 23)! The cutest cutest little boy named Ului, with twice as much dark hair as Manu had.)

Now things are settling down a bit. Me and Manu were really sick (Me- Flu and Mastitis, Manu- Flu and an ear infection) right before we left for Oregon. Now Si'i has a bad cold and Manu is having a fever again. Hopefully the sick season is almost behind us. I am sick of being sick. And hopefully Manu will feel better before Saturday because that is our first official Mommy & Me swimming 'lesson' at the Rec center across the street from our house. Manu loves the water already so we'll see what the class has to offer. If nothing else, at least it will be an excuse to get to the pool once a week.

I am still editing... though we have slowed down some at the beginning of a new semester. and Si'i is almost done with his language course. In February he'll be taking his test and moving on to a job where he'll use the language every day. Pretty soon he'll be a native speaker! As of right now that's all we have going on. I promise I will be a better blogger so that I can count this as writing in my journal:)

4 comments:

  1. Ya for updates! I want to see more pictures of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manu is so cute! Looks like she was enjoying her bath! How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful holiday! Congrats on your new home. Isn't it great to own your OWN home? Manu is gorgeous, and we miss you guys. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love her pigtails and her in the bath. I can't believe how big she is! I need to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete