The projects continue with new carpet in the bedrooms! It was a very exciting experience because we had to move all of the bedroom furniture into the living room so they were empty when the carpet installers came. They came at like 8 am and we had to remove all the carpet ourselves the night before so we had a slumber party in the living room!
Manu watching Sesame Street in the living room with all the furniture.
Slumber party!
So our next project will be refinishing the original hardwood floors in our living room and dining room. Don't worry, we have watched several YouTube videos about how to do it and we have consulted at least three different Home Depot employees about all the specifics. I think we are going to start next weekend when Si'i has a couple of days off. Wish us luck. (Actually, wish us some motivation because we havn't done much but we are almost projected out.) The next project after that is the yard. Some recent comments from neighbors: "Would you guys like to borrow my lawn mower?" "What happened to your yard?" and "When the last little old lady lived there we used to pay someone to do the lawn, do you want his number?" Yeah, so basically its a jungly mess with some back hoe tracks in it from our sewer line snafu. When we get around to it I will post some before and after pictures. And if we never get around to it, I will post some permanent 'before' pictures.
Si'i is offcially a student again. He just summer term classes at the University of Utah last month, Math and Native American Studies. Its a long road ahead to a degree in Geology, but the hardest part is getting going and he's off to a great start. He will be going full time this fall, hopefully his enthusiasm doesn't wane!
Manu has been way into 'writing' lately, luckily she is still okay with her writing utensils not actually leaving a mark. You can see her with a marker (cap on) and a birthday card writing something very important. Whenever I write grocery lists (which is about all I actually write with a pen and paper these days) she has to have her own pen and paper too.
I am enjoying catching up with The Langi Life! :) Have you seen our new baby... check FB :) !
ReplyDeleteSi'i, good luck in your studies! I finished up my bachelor's in May and am now pursuing a Master's. GI Bill is awesome!
Manu is SOOOO cute! Yes, they love to escape and run around after their baths!
ReplyDeleteNicole...i miss you a lot. Manu is the cutest ever! I hope we can get together so i can meet her. Hope you guys are doing great!
ReplyDelete